- download and install JDK 5.0 or later (not JRE)
- set JAVA_HOME environment variable, this variable must points the root of the JDK directory.
- extconf.rb searchs jni.h in [JAVA_HOME]/include
- OS X, type 'export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home' on Terminal.App
- (recommanded, but not required) add $JAVA_HOME/bin: (or %JAVA_HOM%\bin; for Windows) on top of the PATH environment variable's current value.
gem install rjb
- The installation process (extconf.rb) searchs $JAVA_HOME/include/jni.h.
If you are using ActiveScriptRuby or One Click Installer, or such MSVCRT.DLL depends binaries, You don't need MSVC++ for building Rjb. Because the mswin32 version of gem already contains the pre-build rjb's DLL. So, you can simply install mswin32 version of the gem into the system.
But, JDK is also required.
- J2SDK 5.0 are necessary to compile it in Cygwin.
- Define a JAVA_HOME environment variable in personal initialization file(~/.bash_profile, ~/.bashrc, etc)
- ex(bash)) export JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/j2sdk1.5.0_07
- add $JAVA_HOME/bin into the PATH envirionment variable.
- ex(bash)) export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
- Move to the place that unzipped archive. install rjb.
$ cd rjb-0.2.8 $ ruby setup.rb config $ ruby setup.rb setup $ ruby setup.rb install $ ruby samples/filechooser.rb